More News Sources
- Penn State News
- Daily Collegian Online
- Penn State Twitter
- PSU Live Still Life Archives
- PSU On Demand
- PSU College and Departmental News
- External News sources
Videos and Podcasts
News and Events
Podcasts, Videos, and Webinars
Colloquium on the Environment Podcasts
Podcasts at Penn State
- Podcasts at Penn State home
- Penn State on iTunesU
- "Electricity and Hydrogen from Bacteria," Museum of Science, Boston podcast featuring Bruce Logan
- Geography Coffee Hour-to-Go
- Research Unplugged Podcasts
Videos at Penn State
- You Tube Penn State Channel
- Penn State Impact
- Penn State Live Videos
- Eberly College of Science 2010 Lectures on the Frontiers of Science
Theme - Water: The Next Frontier *View presentations of talks listed below.
- Not Science Fiction: Using Microbes to Make Electricity and Clean Water - Bruce Logan
- Water: The Molecule That Shapes Our World - Karl Mueller
- You're Going to Dring WHAT???: Using Living Machines to Clean Contaminated Water - Rachel Brennan
- The Global Water Crisis - Gregory Knight
- Melting Landscapes: How Climate Change is Affecting Ice Under the Arctic - Michael Gooseff
- Lessons from the Past: Research Reveals Ancient Civilizations's Water-Supply Secrets - Kirk French
- Eberly College of Science 2008 Lectures on the Frontiers of Science
Theme - Running on Empty? Strategies for Our Energy Future *View presentations of talks listed below.
- Fueling the Future: A Place for Coal? - Harold Schobert
- Global Warming and Our Future - Richard Alley
- The Promise of Solar Energy - John Golbeck
- Biofuels: Tapping Nature's Abundance - Tom Richard
- The Renaissance of Nuclear Power: An Energy Source of the Future - Jack Brenizer
- Fuel Cells: Are We There Yet? - Matthew Mench
- Strategies for Our Energy Future: A Panel Discussion - encore presentation of the 2008 Penn State Lectures on the Frontiers of Science
- Huck Institutes of the Life Sciences Mediasite Archives
- Pennsylvania Inside Out: Bruce Logan Interview
- University Libraries Mediasite Archives
- John A. Dutton e-Education Institute Mediasite Catalog
*use sidebar links to access below presentations
- EarthTalks Seminar Series Current and Archives
- Geography Coffee Hour-to-Go Series Current and Archives
- Solar Energy Conference Presentations
Penn State Webinars
Other Related Podcasts
- energy tomorrow
Podcasts featuring energy topics.
- EPA Greentips Podcasts
Podcasts on green living from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- guardian.co.uk audio and podcasts
Podcast from various topics inluding environment, science, and technology.
- Museum of Science Podcasts
Weekly interviews by the MOS, Boston staff with guest researchers offer an in-depth look at the latest in science and technology.
- National Academies: The Sounds of Science Podcast
10 minute episodes focusing on a wide range of critical issues in science, engineering, and medicine.
- Nature Magazine: Nature Podcast
Features the best from the week's edition of Nature including interviews with the people behind the science, and in-depth commentary and analysis from journalists covering science around the world.
- NewsDaily Science Audio
Compilation of podcasts on Nature and the Environment.
- NOVA Podcasting
Podcasts from PBS' NOVA.
- npr podcasts
Features a range of podcasts in various topics including the environment, health and science, and technology.
- Podcasts at CDC
Podcast from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Science Magazine: Science Podcast
Weekly podcast featuring interesting stories in the journal and its sister sites.
- Scientific American: 60-Second Science
Daily podcast by Scienfic American